Save The Franklin Battlefield, Inc  
 

Home | Mission | Upcoming Events | Recent Events | Newsletter | Store | Contact


Preservation | Driving Tour | Visit Franklin

 
   
 

Back Next

 
 

Stop 20

Truett House

National Register of Historic Places

228 Franklin Road – not open to public

 
 

 
 

 

About noon on November 30, 1864, Federal General Schofield moved his headquarters from Dr. Cliffe’s office to the home of Alpheus Truett.  When informed of the Confederate forces approaching Franklin, Schofield and his staff officers went to the upstairs south porch to observe them through field glasses.  As battle became imminent, General Schofield moved his command post to Fort Granger.

 
 

 
 

Continue north on Franklin Road.

 
 

 

 
 

The Factory

National Register of Historic Places

230 Franklin Road

optional stop for shopping, dining, public rest rooms

 
     
 

Continue on Franklin Road to the Harlinsdale Farm entrance.  Turn left into the entrance (if open). This area saw substantial and vicious fighting on December 17, 1864, during the Confederate Retreat from Nashville.

 
     
 

 
 

Back Next

 
 

© 1997-2017 Save the Franklin Battlefield Inc.