Save The Franklin Battlefield, Inc  
 

Home | Mission | Upcoming Events | Recent Events | Newsletter | Store | Contact


Preservation | Driving Tour | Visit Franklin

 
   
 

Back Next

 
 

Stop 15

Courthouse

National Register of Historic Places

Public Square

 
 

 

 
 

The Williamson County Courthouse was used as a Provost Marshall headquarters during the Federal occupation and as a Confederate hospital after the Battle of Franklin. The Confederate Sentry Statue in the center of the square was erected in 1899 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the battle.

 
       
 

 
 

Click the thumbnail to read the Historic Marker

 
 

 
 

 
 

Confederate Sentry Statue

 
     
 

Continue on East Main Street to the McPhail-Cliffe Office.

 
 

 
 

Back Next

 
 

1997-2017 Save the Franklin Battlefield Inc.