Save The Franklin Battlefield, Inc  
 

Home | Mission | Upcoming Events | Recent Events | Newsletter | Store | Contact


Preservation | Driving Tour | Visit Franklin

 
   
 

Back

 
 

Stop 26

McGavock's Grove

 
 

 
 

Major General William Loring’s Confederate division received a considerable number of casualties as they advanced under artillery fire from Fort Granger through McGavock’s Grove.  In 1877, the first large Confederate soldiers’ reunion was held in McGavock’s Grove, the trees “still bearing scars of the battle.”   

 
 

 
     
 

The Eastern Flank Battlefield Park

Future Battlefield Park and Interpretative Center

 
     
 

This is the largest remaining undeveloped fragment of the Eastern Flank of the Battlefield.  The City of Franklin is in the process of opening a battlefield park.

 
 

 

 
 

 

 
 

The tour ends here. Take Carnton Lane back to Lewisburg Ave where a sign directs you back to the Carter House for a return to Downtown Franklin.

 
     
     
 

Back

 
 

© 1997-2017 Save the Franklin Battlefield Inc.